What people say about Karen’s workshops…
- This is the best, most comprehensive, most helpful workshop I have taken. I am inspired and encouraged. You are a poised presenter who has simplified what could be an overwhelming topic. Your demeanor encourages the audience.
- I came to this conference just for this workshop and it was well worth it. I loved the details, the stories. You make me want to be a storyteller!
- My head is wonderfully full! Great blend of lectures and activities!
- Karen was informative, well prepared and very enthusiastic. She made you want to run and find some kids to work with!
- Wonderful upbeat and positive speaker! Karen modeled wonderful leadership skills.
- Her humor and enthusiasm is infectious! I was so inspired. Great fun from start to finish!
- This workshop was worth the price of the entire conference!
Story By Story - Building A School Storytelling Club workshop attendee, Sharing the Fire Conference, 2004
- Thoroughly enjoyable, the workshop exceeded my expectations. This was fun and even pushed me to tell a story!
Janice Nitual-Dalton, Storytelling With Ease Workshop
What people say about Karen’s storytelling…
- Your wonderful interaction with the children makes you a true gem in the realm of storytellers. Bravo!
- The program was beautifully presented. Everyone was engaged. Your soft, low-key manner really allows the audience to hear and think about the stories. I hope you’ll come back!
- The stories were wonderful; you took the audience on a world-wide adventure. Besides being a wonderful storyteller, you are so easy to work with in terms of coordinating events.
- Your stories were enthusiastically delivered. Good rapport with the audience!
- An excellent program! Karen is a wonderful storyteller!
- The students enjoyed the performance from the jump at the end of the first story to the laughs at the end. Very stimulating. Don’t change a thing!
- The audience was rapt (sixth-graders, mind you!) Keep on doing what you’re doing!
- The children want you to know that they tried to duplicate your performance with their families. Now that’s the ultimate compliment!
Parent of Storytelling Troupe Student
- You have no idea the miracle you have performed. My daughter was so shy in first grade she barely spoke a word. I can’t believe she is up there on stage, telling a story!
Father of third grade student, Freetown Elementary Storytelling Festival 2003, MA
- We had fun!
- Can she come back?
- Can we hear the stories again?
- Ms. Karen sings beautiful songs!
- Your performance was wonderful, a perfect complement to our theme. We are going to be hard pressed to top it!
- Karen gently transports her audiences deep into fairytales and traditional folklore. Her gentle delivery, combined with mesmerizing language, makes her stories hard to resist. A storyteller with class and elegance, Karen makes her audiences believe the magic of stories.
- Karen was wonderfully engaging. As she spun her tales, I saw the youngsters in the audience transfixed on the compelling nuances of her phrasing. She really made our event work and she did it with a very upbeat attitude, grace and a smile.
- Thank you for being a huge part of our festivities. The fact that I couldn’t get in to see you due to the large crowd is a testament to your great skills as a storyteller!
- The stories were inspiring and meaningful to all of us; you nourished our souls. The whole evening was incredible.